Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

For the past few years I've been playing with pinwheels. A parapsychologist had suggested the idea to me. I had been experiencing some rather frightening RSPK at the time. It was a very stressful period of my life and the understanding that it was just me somehow blowing off steam using PK wasn't helping at all. Every time something moved that shouldn't have moved, I felt like a monster. Someone suggested that I try to spin a pinwheel using PK as a way to feel more in control of my situation. It took me quite some time to get any good at it.

At first I could only move the pinwheel once in a while and it seemed to take forever to get that first little bit of movement on video. But I kept practising and eventually I could get it to spin even inside a sealed jar. (Sometimes I can even move it from a distance, but I'm still working on that.) I've also looked for other ways to play with the PK. My husband recently gave me an Egely wheel to try out. It's a very fancy version of a pinwheel, with flashing lights and beeping noises to make it more fun. I can now get my Egely Wheel to spin under a plastic cover (to control for air currents). It sure took a lot of practise though.

The one thing I've noticed about PK is that when it comes to having any control over it, you seem to need two things: (1) some natural ability and (2) practise. RSPK is different. It pops up now and again no matter what I do or where I happen to be. All you seem to need for RSPK is natural talent for it and a good trigger (like unbearable stress and no other outlet). It takes care of the rest. But controlled PK is fickle. If you don't keep working on it, you just seem to lose it. It's like playing a musical instrument. When you don't practise, you lose your chops.

I guess PK is like Remote Viewing that way. I've been reading Joe McMoneagle's book Remote Viewing Secrets, and McMoneagle tries to emphasize that it takes a certain amount of natural talent and lots of practise to be successful at RV. It isn't like spontaneous psi experiences popping up out of the blue. Someone who has those sorts of experiences might be better suited to RV, but it takes practise to develop that ability into something that works more or less on demand in controlled settings. The success that RV has had in terms of providing evidence for psi has a lot to do with the kind of long term study and dedicated efforts it enjoyed within the Stargate Program. It's unfortunate that nothing like that is currently being worked on.

I haven't been doing much with my pinwheel or Egely wheel lately. I guess I've gotten out of the habit. I couldn't get the pinwheel to do much for me today, but at least the Egely wheel was in a more cooperative mood. This video shows what it was up to. It's not very exciting, but at least I convinced it to move. I got it going without the cover first, then covered it up and tried to reverse the direction from a distance. That worked, although it moved very slowly. After it stopped I was able to get it going by putting my hands close to it again (but leaving the cover on). I wonder if I'll still be able to do this a year, or even a few months from now.

No comments: